Your Safety and Peace of Mind are our Priority
• Please wear a mask throughout your visit.
All audience members and visitors should wear a mask (or masks) for the duration of their visit including during performances, unless you are exempt (except when eating and drinking in the auditorium). Café Bar customers are not expected to wear a mask whilst seated at a table.
• One seat spaces are in place between bookings in the Main House.
For your peace of mind there will be a one seat space between all bookings in the Main House and row long gaps between groups at school performances. We ask that online customers only select the exact bubble of tickets they require and not break up a larger bubble with a smaller group of tickets.
We have also scheduled two performances of A Christmas Carol with a very restricted capacity for anyone who wishes to continue observing social distancing.
• Seating capacities are reduced in the Studio.
We have also scheduled two performances of The Elves and the Shoemaker / Y Coblynnod a’r Crydd with a very restricted capacity for anyone who wishes to continue observing social distancing.
• Refunds are available if you cannot make a re-scheduled performance or do not yet feel able to return to the theatre.
Covid-19 refund policy (applicable to any performance up until 31 December 2021): If you booked for a show which has been re-scheduled and cannot make the new performance, or an alternative performance in longer runs, we will be happy to issue a refund. If you made a booking prior to 25 August 2021 but do not feel ready to return to Sherman Theatre we will refund the cost of your tickets as long as we receive the request no later than 24 hours prior to the performance start time. If you receive a positive Covid-19 test result and are therefore unable to attend a performance you will be entitled to a refund.
• It would be appreciated if you could take a lateral flow test before visiting Sherman Theatre. If you receive a positive Covid test in advance of attending we will refund the cost of your ticket.
• Print at home / e-tickets / unique reference numbers will replace tickets printed at Sherman Theatre.
We won’t send out or accept previously printed tickets at the theatre. Print at home or e-tickets will be issued in place of printed tickets. For anyone who can’t use print at home or e-tickets you will be able to collect a printed ticket from the Box Office on arrival.
• Card payments are preferred.
We will still be accepting cash but want to minimise cash handling, for everyone’s safety. If you do have a card we would prefer to take a contactless payment.
• Thorough cleaning arrangements remain in place.
• If you have access needs and requirements please let us know.
Anyone with access needs or requirements who feels that their visit to the Sherman might be more difficult than usual should get in touch with our Box Office team (029 2064 6900 / firstname.lastname@example.org) so that they can talk through your visit with you.
The above measures will remain in place until 31 December 2021 and will be reviewed after that point. In the meantime should the situation change we may need to consider and introduce additional measures. Many of the measures outlined here are in line with steps being taken by theatres across Wales. We will contact you by email in advance of your visit with specific information relating to Covid-19 safety for that performance.